The Sunshine Observer: SO… V54
Nature is in a fast-growing cycle right now; we are trying to keep up. We’re slowly gardening, planting seeds, weeding, mowing, watering. One might think our vegetable garden is huge given how I write about planting corn and what not, but its relatively small compared to many country gardens with just 6 beds. Our flower garden is larger.
We zoomed with friends yesterday and spoke about how hard it is to read anything of substance at this time. Another friend who is part of a book reading group with me said she was happy to be brushing her teeth at this point. We’re reading “Anatomy of the Spirit”. One of the premises is the biography becomes biology, which brings us to the topic “Wellbeing”
The past few days I’ve felt like I have molasses in my veins. Not particularly inspired, not depressed, just slow. So, I went into my archives and brought out a formula for wellbeing I’ve shared many times. BTW- While in the archives I found a bunch of questionable videos I’ll reshare soon.
I often think about consciousness. Much of our happiness is tied to our perception of how things are. We tell ourselves the story of who we are, the role of culture and where we fit in. Changing our perceptions and paying attention to all that affects us can bring us closer to well-being.
Well-being = Beliefs + Genes + Environment + Life Stage + Chemistry
- Beliefs– how we view ourselves and humanity, our contribution, and personal practices as well as our mental constructs. Our innate need to belong has us subscribe to belief systems that mold our thinking. Lest we forget, we make up culture and what we choose to be certain of.
- Genes and DNA- the kit we are born with, our building blocks for physical and biological potential.
- Environment– including the way we were raised, diet/supplements/chemicals, our homes, technology, education, exercise, clothing, work, culture, community…
- Life stage– at different phases of our lives we want and are capable of different things. Sometimes we want to ride the dragons…be the dragons…slay all the dragons…watch dragons being slayed…or don’t give a shit about dragons.
- Chemistry– everything we do relies on neurons communicating with one another in the brain by sending chemical or electrical messages. If there is a miscommunication, we may feel or be one putt away from the abyss.
Your list may be different. The point is, to pay attention to all the things that contribute to wellbeing, the trick is finding the right balance. Ignoring any part can have us spiral toward the abyss.
Gratitude is the greatest gift of well-being. When I’m spontaneously Grateful, everything in my existence is joyous.
Onto our 5-minute meditation.
Waning moon decreasing in light is now Third Quarter
Find the center between spirit, intellect, and emotion.
Align our will with Love.
Go in Grace.
Oh beautiful one