My current top 10 list for society’s biggest problems.
- Apathy::: We have the technology to solve most of society’s big problems; we’re missing the will.
- Our Environment::: Climate change, pollution, destruction of natural habitats, diminishing resources… exasperated by politics.
- Disconnect::: From our moral centers, what brings us meaning and what drives our actions.
- Education::: Archaic systems, cultural irrelevancy, cost, accessibility, differing expectations…
- Inequality::: Ageism, civil rights, classism, consumption/lifestyle, elitism, education, gender, income/pay, poverty, race/ethnicity, reproductive rights, sexual orientation, wealth…
- Greed::: We don’t know when enough is enough and its killing us.
- Poverty::: Poverty slows human advancement.
- Healthcare::: Cost, access, for profit systems… We need to take better care of our ill.
- Overpopulation:: Too many people eating up too few resources.
- Fear::: Fear is a strategy and tactic. Fear takes us off course.
What are yours?
A lot of these problems could be solved if we consistently acted from love and compassion.
We need to act on #2 immediately, but it won’t happen without #1 or #3.